Working with Paperscorer requires two basic steps:
- Installing the Paperscorer Add-on App to your Google or Canvas account.
- Downloading and installing the Paperscorer App to your mobile device.
Filling Out Bubble Sheets to Insure Quality Grading
To insure the highest quality scoring:
- Avoid taking pictures where there is a high amount of glare on the bubble sheets caused by light. This is usually caused by incandescent light directly above a bubble sheet.
- Avoid heavy erasing or the use of "white-out" type products on bubbles that may obscure the bubble borders.
- Insure that bubbles are fully filled in.
- Insure that markings do not cover more than one bubble if this is not the intent.
Using the Paperscorer App to Auto-Grade Bubble Sheets
Once you've downloaded bubble sheets, you're ready to automatically grade using the Paperscorer app.
- Download and Install the Paperscorer app at the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app on your mobile device. You will be prompted to choose a partner.
- Select your assessment system. You will be prompted to enter your credentials.
- Enter your credentials. You will be directed to a page that lists all of the form or quizzes for which you have generated bubble sheets.
- Select the assessment for which you want to scan answer sheets.
- Click the camera icon in the lower right of your app. You will be prompted to grant the app permission to use your camera. Grant permission.
- Position your device so that the entire bubble sheet (including border) is within the frame of the screen. Hold your device steady. Paperscorer will automatically capture the answer sheet. It will then score the sheet and send the results to your assessment system. Paperscorer will give you the option to score the next sheet or view scores.
- To grade the next student, click Next.
- To view an item-analysis for captured answered sheets, click View Scores. Then select the student for whom you wish to view scores.
Correcting Errors Found in Answer Sheets
Sometimes, Paperscorer will identify errors or ambiguous markings in an answer sheet. This can occur if:
- A bubble is marked, but only slightly
- More than one bubble is marked with one marking
- After uploading answer sheets, if there are errors, click the Correct Errors button. A page will load in which an image of the captured answer sheet will display on the left and a web form will appear on the right. The questions with errors will be highlighted on this web form.
- Fill in the appropriate areas in the form on the right.
- If you do not know what the student intended, you can choose to Skip the answer sheet. In this case, you can have the student fill out a new answer sheet and upload it again.
- Continue this process until all error sheets are corrected.